There are plenty of fine beaches in the island of Porquerolles in the French Riviera where you can find well-preserved and truly enchanting beaches, warm and bright sun, and crystal clear and clean water. It features more than 40 kilometres of idyllic coastline dotted with coves, cliffs and cottages by the sea. And when you are done playing on the beach or exploring the coast, you can always re-charge at any one of these top ten restaurants that line the beautiful island.
1. Le Mas du Langoustier – This hotel features two Michelin-Starred restaurants, La Pinede and LíOlivier, the latter of which provides excellent a la carte menu in inspiring and imaginative Provencal dishes as well as Mediterranean favourites. A perfect holiday treat.
2. Le Pelagos – Featuring Mediterranean, French, and European cuisine, the Le Pelagos is a favourite among tourists who come in large groups as well as families with children. Try their dos de cabillaud pina colada or even the nems chevres. A lovely vacation hotspot close to quality holiday accommodation.
3. LEucalyptus – Boasting of the best tapenade in Porquerolles, LíEucalyptus provides French, Mediterranean, and Asian cuisine. Sample their Caprese salad, lobster tails, and spaghetti aux fruits de mer. There are some great places to stay near this fine restaurant.
4. LOustaou Restaurant Bar – Aching for some Asian-inspired French cuisine? Then head to LOustaou Restaurant Bar and be treated to some of the really fantastic French-Asian fusion cuisine. Try their take on the Japanese Gyoza or even an international rendition of sea bass. If theres one downside, its the extensive array of menu choices youd get a headache just deciding what to order.
5. LEscale – For a taste of the best tapas, French style, in Porquerolles, you definitely would want to head to LEscale Restaurant where they serve freshly-caught seafood that they turn into calamari, mussels tapas, and sardines tapas. The service is simply superb and very friendly. And the sea views are among the the best on the island.
6. Cafe Rosso – Considered as one of the hidden gems of Porquerolles, Cafe Rosso prides itself of using only the freshest catch of the day in all of their seafood dishes. Nothing is frozen which many tourists find as a rarity. The restaurant is giving a taste of Italian hospitality and reverence to the freshness of the ingredients by cooking them as simple as possible. Visitors here would check out the seaside cottages and holiday accommodation nearby.
7. LOrangeraie – If you require an excellent sea view especially during the sunset, then youd better make your reservations at the LOrangeraie. The restaurant specialises mostly in Mediterranean cuisine although its not unusual to get different specials of the day.
8. La Plage dArgent – Another eatery with superb sea view is La Page dArgent. Serving French and Mediterranean, this restaurant provides a very unique dining experience for it does provide stunning sea views.
9. LAlycastre – For the best gnocchi and daurade in Porquerolles, head to Alycastre. They serve their dishes using only the freshest ingredients straight from the sea with superb and friendly service to match this wonderful holiday location.
10. Restaurant Villa Sainte Anne – For unpretentious food, quiet atmosphere and friendly waiting staff, head to the Restaurant Villa Sainte Anne. For a holiday treat, try their pomme frites and other French and Mediterranean favourites.
Porquerolles is just one of the many tourist destinations in the French Riviera. Make sure to try out any of these restaurants when you get the chance to visit the island anytime soon.